Lockdown directory Live Local – Love Local – Shop Local
- If you are struggling to get a delivery slot with the usual supermarkets, online food market Big Dill is delivering general groceries, as well as gluten-free, organic, vegan and kosher foods. UK Mainland delivery service starts from £3.99. Any orders below £20 will be subject to a £6.99 delivery charge. They are also providing a ‘Click and Collect’ service, free of charge, from the Pop-Up Market at A Mano, 286-290 High St, Orpington BR6 0ND. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blackwoods Cheese Company are delivering to Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and surrounding areas, with the cut off for same week delivery being 4pm on Tuesdays. Their emphasis is on real food made from raw ingredients using minimal intervention and their ingredients are sourced from suppliers who share their values.
- Brakes Food Shop sells a select range of chef-recommended products, as well as everyday essentials and well-known brands. The company is currently delivering to the following TN postcodes, but check the website for other postcodes in the local area: TN1-TN4; TN8-TN15; TN17-TN18; TN23-TN27; TN30. Home deliveries are available Monday to Friday between 8am and 7pm. They also offer a call and collect service from their Aylesford depot. A couple of things to note: Brakes packs are often bigger than you’ll be used to as they are designed for professional chefs – perfect for stocking up or sharing.
- If you live in Sevenoaks, Riverhead, Weald, Seal, Kemsing, Otford or Dunton Green and your circumstances and household income are being severely affected during the coronavirus lockdown, such that you are now struggling to afford your weekly shop, you can apply to Care for our Community Sevenoaks to deliver a free bag of food to you. You get to choose what goes in it, from more than 80 items, including fresh meat, dairy, fruit & veg. The bags are limited to a maximum value of £25, one per household and one per week. Please apply here, where you will be asked a few questions to assess your application. Donations to the project are welcome and can be made here.
- Chapmans Fish Supplier: a new home delivery service of fresh fish, frozen and deli products. Tel: 01732 743319.
- Chart Farm Shop in Seal: meat and vegetable deliveries and collection, with free deliveries for NHS Staff and people over age 70. Order must be placed over the phone (tel: 01732 761 672) or online.
- The Eco Pantry in Seal: new click & collect service. The shop is still open for essentials (one customer at a time and staff will fill for you), but please do not go there to browse.
- The Fat Carrot specialise in vegan and vegetarian food and have an extensive and delicious sounding list of products available for delivery. In addition to various salads and tarts they have both vegetarian and vegan afternoon teas for two (priced at £25), and vegan and vegetarian picnic bags (£7.50 per person).
- Flint & Oak farm shop in Westerham has pre-made food boxes containing its most popular groceries, cheese and wine products, but you can also create your own via its website. Food boxes include the Deli box, Fresh Meat box, Cheese, Chutney & Crackers box, Artisan Gin & Tonic box, Garden of England Wines box and more. They are offering a collection service from their barn, which is located next to the shop on Beggars Lane, Westerham, TN16 1QP. The collection service operates between Monday to Saturday and can be as ‘contact free’ as you wish – you don’t even have to leave your car if you don’t want to. Tel: 01959 562 345 or email: email@example.com
- Glorious Greens delivers ready-made or make-your-own fruit and veg boxes to Sevenoaks, Orpington, Bromley and the surrounding areas. They offer three delivery days: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Please ensure you place your order over the phone before 6pm for next-day delivery. Or they offer a drive-thru service from Filstone Farm, London Road, Sevenoaks, TN14 7AD. Simply place your order over the phone and they will give you a collection number, day and time slot. Tel: 01959 533 861.
- Goddard’s Foods are offering a food home delivery service throughout Kent including their renowned handmade pies and desserts, along with a selected range of other food including frozen meals and baking ingredients. There is a £30 minimum order value for all deliveries and they are only delivering to homes within Kent. Check out their Goddard’s Pies special Father’s Day pie and mash box too, complete with a Keep Calm mug!
- Greensand Ridge is delivering its selection of delicious spirits – such as London Dry Gin, Wealden Rum and Apple Brandy, as well as alcohol-based hand sanitiser (definitely not for drinking) – that you can order directly from its website. It is currently offering 10% off spirits with the code STAYSAFE and free shipping on orders over £50.
- The award winning Hadlow College Farm Shop on Ashes Lane, Hadlow, is stocked full with a selection of fresh produce – some of which has been grown on their 1000 acre estate – and Hadlow reared meat. This includes their own lamb, beef and poultry as well as eggs from Princess Christian’s Farm. They are currently offering a delivery service for households in Tonbridge and Hadlow, but are also open for business Monday to Saturday, 8.30am to 2pm, and Sundays, 10am to 4pm. They are currently only accepting card payment.
- Haywards Farm Shop in Hadlow: free delivery within a 10-mile radius from Tonbridge. Meat boxes from £35 and fruit & veg boxes from £15. Telephone: 01732 850 354 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- #HelpKentBuyLocal is a campaign and new resource set up by Produced in Kent to support and promote the many independent local businesses that are doing an amazing job growing, producing, preparing, selling and delivering food and drink to the Kent community during the COVID-19 crisis. They have put together a useful map of local producers that are currently open for business, as well as those offering takeaway. For all queries, email: email@example.com
- I A Harris & Sons can deliver a variety of fresh and perishable goods. To order email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 622 7176.
- H W Coldbreath Family Butchers in Seal are delivering meat, fish, veg, bread, eggs, milk, cream, butter, and yoghurt to the Sevenoaks area. To order, tel: 01732 761 040 or email: email@example.com
- The butchery and deli at Ian Chatfield butchers in Tonbridge High Street are open Monday-Saturday and they also offer home delivery and click & collect slots through the website or by calling tel: 01732 354 733. The strict two-customer policy, perspex screens and social distancing rules in-store mean you can shop with confidence. If you fancy a BBQ, they offer a summer value BBQ pack that contains chicken drumsticks and wings, thick burgers, sausages, jerk pork ribs, minted lamb chops and large lamb koftas!
- Larratt & Co butchers and greengrocers has acquired 15 Chapel Place in Tunbridge Wells in addition to its Westerham branch. Currently, it is offering home deliveries covering Sevenoaks to Godstone, Biggin Hill and Westerham to Tunbridge Wells and all places in between. Please send your order, including quantities required, your postal address and your full telephone number to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01959 564 539. They can deliver fresh meat, fresh veg & fruit, eggs, cheese and milk, as well as cakes, biscuits, jams, condiments, sauces and flour. The 17 High Street Westerham shop is currently still open, with an ‘order at the door’ system.
The Little Brown Jug in Chiddingstone Causeway, Tonbridge and The Kings Head in Bessels Green, Sevenoaks have come up with some superb food boxes that you can order and collect direct from the pubs. The boxes currently on offer include: veg box £30; meat, fish and gastro pub ready meal box £60; dairy & essentials box £20; and 12kg restaurant charcoal £20.
- The Kings Head. Email: email@example.com with your order. You need to include your email, phone number and the registration of the car coming to pick up your order. The team will call you back and take payment over the phone. Order by 5pm Sunday for collection at the Kings Head Bessels Green TN13 2PT on Wednesday. Order by 5pm Wednesday for collection at the Kings Head Bessels Green TN13 2PT on Saturday. The collection will be from midday to 3pm at the pub on Wednesday and Saturday.
- The Little Brown Jug. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your order. You need to include your email, phone number and the registration of the car coming to pick up your order. The team will call you back and take payment over the phone. Order by 5pm Sunday for collection at the Little Brown Jug TN11 8JJ on Wednesday. Order by 5pm Wednesday for collection at the Little Brown Jug TN11 8JJ on Saturday. The collection will be from midday to 3pm at the pub on Wednesday and Saturday.
- Marks & Spencer has temporarily suspended its Food to Order service. However, the M&S food hall at Bligh’s Meadow Sevenoaks is open and has all the fresh food and essentials you need.
- Independent cafe and restaurant Otto’s in Sevenoaks has launched an online shop selling fresh fruit and vegetables, eggs and dairy, meat, coffee, pantry essentials and beer, all with contact-free delivery. Please note a minimum spend of £30 is required on all orders and delivery is free if you spend more than £45. Phone lines are open between 8am and 2pm if you wish to place your order over the phone.
- Penshurst Fine Foods is making home deliveries of everyday essentials, fruit & veg, cooked meats, fresh meat & fish, frozen food, bakery, pet food, dairy, eggs & chilled foods, alcohol and so much more! They also have gluten-free and vegan ranges. They are offering next-day free delivery and no minimum order to the following postcodes: TN, BR, ME, BN, DA3, DA7, DA13,RH8, RH15, RH16, RH17, and RH19. If your postcode is not listed, email: email@example.com to see if they can add it to their tour. Tel: 01892 664 044.
- Polhill Garden Centre in Halsted is now open for customers, with some restrictions including a strict 1 in 1 out policy and only two people per household to enter the store. They are open from 10am-4pm.. You can also shop online – from groceries to compost and plants – and have your items delivered to your doorstep. It is offering a free delivery service to anyone within the following postcodes: DA1-5, DA14, BR1-8, TN9, TN10, TN11, TN13, TN14, TN15, TN16, for spends over £20, otherwise a £4.95 delivery charge will apply.
- You can email or call the Spadework Charity Farm Shop in West Malling to purchase groceries, fresh fruit and veg, and wine, beer and spirits. They have also stocked up with essentials such as eggs, meat, pasta, bread flour, part-baked bread, tins of soup, as well as baked goods, biscuits, snacks and a range of luxury items. They will take card payment over the phone and let you know when the order will be ready to collect from a safe collection point in the (closed) cafe. They may also be able to deliver to your door (subject to delivery charge and availability of volunteer drivers). The standard veg boxes, fruit baskets and food parcels start at £15, though they can also make bespoke ones too. Current opening hours are 10am–4pm. Tel: 01732 879 088, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sankey’s Fishmongers on Tonbridge High Street has an online shop with free home delivery. They sell a huge range of fresh fish, alongside groceries, a butchery and meal kits, and their produce has a reputation for being high quality. The shop itself is also open now too if you want to choose your fish in person!
- Seasons in a Box are a Tunbridge-Wells-based company which, historically, have supplied pubs and restaurants, but now are making home deliveries. They have a selection of fruit and vegetable boxes. Delivery to the Sevenoaks area (within two days) is free for orders over £12.50.
- Sevenoaks Market continues to run on Saturdays on the High Street and at Bligh’s Meadow. At the High Street, there are fruit and vegetable stalls operating alongside McCarthy’s Bread and Cakes, and at Bligh’s, you can find McCarthy’s Bread and Cakes and Village Traders Sausages.
- The Small Holding Farm and Kitchen are delivering rather special looking hampers and wines to Sevenoaks and surrounding areas. There are seven different hampers and boxes to choose from including a charcuterie board, cheese box, a delicious and very comprehensive looking BBQ box (would be perfect for a special occasion), and no less than 92 different wines along with spirits and beers. As we are now definitely in BBQ season, I think this is worth a look.
- Stonepitts Farm in Seal Chart has been busy strawing up the strawberries to protect the fruit. The crop should be ready in mid-June and they are hopeful that they will be able to open. Head to their Facebook page for updates over the next few weeks.
- The White Horse in Sundridge: coming soon – a local delivery service of farm-fresh produce, bottled beers and wine, and fresh fish. Tel: 01959 561 198.
- Watts Farms in Aylesford: free delivery within 30 miles of ME20 7NA. This family-run business is supplying a range of fresh produce, dairy, ambient and frozen products.
TAKEAWAY: LOCAL COLLECTION & DELIVERY
The Bagel Shop (Beaux Bagels) at 24A London Road Sevenoaks has been allowed to remain open. As well as the usual filled bagels, you can also buy uncut bagels. Only one customer is allowed in the shop at a time. Tel: 07931 340 259.
Popular Bojangles Coffee House in Dunton Green has now reopened for takeaway coffee, wraps, sandwiches, bagels and cake. Their opening hours are Tuesday to Saturday from 8.30am to 3pm, Sundays from 10am to 3pm and they are closed on Mondays. They are delighted to be opening again, pop in for a visit if you’re near. LoveLocal card holders receive a 10% discount on orders for up to two people.
Chapel Down has released special offers on its award-winning range of wine, beer and spirits will help to lift your spirits. The offers are available to order online and all pricings include free delivery.
COOK Sevenoaks are the proud new owners of their very own home delivery van! So not only can you still purchase from the shop or do a Click & Collect, but now you can also have their meals delivered straight to your door Monday-Friday with two time slots (9am-1pm and 1pm-5pm). Get 10% off in-store with LoveLocal.
Our LoveLocal card partners Corban Coffee Roasters have their delicious brew back for sale again at Flint and Oak in Westerham. The coffee van is located outside the front of the store and you can grab a delicious takeaway roasted Corban Coffee at your leisure along with pastries, snacks and other treats. The coffee van is currently open Tuesday to Saturday, 9.30am to 4pm, and Sundays from 10am to 2pm.
Darcey’s Kitchen on Sevenoaks High Street is now open on Saturdays and Sundays, from 9am to 3pm, selling a selection of plants to make your garden gorgeous, along with their in-house roasted coffee and other hot drinks and snacks. They are taking cash payments only for horticultural products at present so please bear this in mind, and enjoy their delicious roasted coffee whilst perusing the stunning plants.
While we were very sad to say goodbye to Birch’s in Seal High Street, the cafe has new owners and is now Deniz Whole Good Food. They provide homemade wholesome food, with dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan options available. Deniz is currently open for orders with reduced hours (9am – 3pm) and you can place an order for collection by calling 01732 761 055. There is also a takeaway meal service (free local delivery, £10 minimum spend), with free kids pasta when you order two main meals. LoveLocal cardholders get 10% off.
Danielle and the team at Eat ‘n’ Mess in Sevenoaks have spent the last month getting their online cake delivery service up and running, so we can still enjoy their glorious gluten-free treats! They’re also selling essentials, including bread, eggs and granola. Order online for collection in-store or delivery on Thursdays-Saturdays. AND, the cafe will now be opening on Saturdays only (8am-2pm) for takeaway drinks and cakes – one customer in the shop at a time.
The Fine Dining Chef are offering LoveLocal card holders complimentary canapes with any special occasion order. Their current menu is listed on their website and please send them an email on email@example.com to order. Please include your LoveLocal membership number when ordering to receive your discount.
Feel like something sweet? Sevenoaks based bakery, Hi.Cookie, maker of delicious-looking (and generously sized) gourmet cookies, is offering LoveLocal cardholders a 10% discount on their orders. Hi.Cookie delivers unique, big cookies, which are baked in small batches from the finest, all-natural ingredients. Perfect for a gift, or to share with friends. We will be running a competition with Hi.Cookie on our Love Local Instagram account @lovelocalcard, so don’t miss out and make sure you follow us!
Joseph’s Kitchen in St John’s Hill Sevenoaks is offering free delivery on all orders over £10 and 15% off your entire order for LoveLocal cardholders. To order, phone 01732 457 304. They will deliver within a 5-mile radius on Wednesday-Saturday from 12-8pm.
Kay’s Kitchen has launched a takeaway menu of home-cooked classics, which changes each week. She will post her weekly menu on her Facebook page. To order, email: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesdays at 5pm to be delivered on Fridays. Minimum order £15; delivery £3. Example dishes include wild mushroom & stilton arancini (pictured left), roast pork belly with pea fritters, chicory salad and yoghurt dressing, and chicken shawarma with cucumber salad. LoveLocal cardholders get FREE DELIVERY!
Little Leo Cakery is still open for business offering bespoke, unique-to-you cakes and cupcakes – and 10% off for LoveLocal cardholders. Safe distance measures are in place for collection and delivery. To place an order call Meg Mahoney on 07734 659 175 or email: email@example.com
Marco Restaurant Delicatessen in Sevenoaks has re-opened its deli from 10am-1pm on Tuesday-Saturday. It is also offering takeaway pizza on Fridays and Saturdays from 5pm to 8.30pm. There’s some new summer pizzas available, including gorgonzola and apple. Please pre-order your pizza in advance via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01732 469 349.
Nonna Cappuccini’s coffee shop and speciality Italian food shop will deliver locally. To order call 01732 461 160.
St John’s Fish bar will be re-opening on Monday 20th April. Its opening hours will be as usual (11:30am-2:30pm / 4:30pm-9:30pm Monday to Saturday). They will be taking phone orders only – you will be given a ticket number and a time to collect your food. The staff ask that you wait outside until your number is called to come inside and collect your food. There will be 2-metre markings on the floor to assist customers with keeping to social distancing. To order tel: 01732 451 308. Get 10% off with LoveLocal.
Tarkari Tandoori Takeaway in Southborough is still open for collection and delivery. It offers LoveLocal cardholders 25% off every collected order over £24. Or try its taster 2 for 1 offer (cheapest main dish free) on presentation of Love Local card, 1 offer per person. They deliver within a 10-mile radius of London Road, Southborough.
Buy a beer and help feed those in need. Toast Ale wants to make sure they do all they can to help in this current crisis. So, for at least the next 12 weeks, the proceeds from every single beer bought from their online shop will go directly to feeding local communities and those who need it most. To put it simply, 1 beer = 1 meal. So, if you’d like to stock up on beer and help someone vulnerable during these topsy-turvy times, grab yourself a case from their new online store. Get 10% off with LoveLocal. Free delivery on all orders.
- 65mm Coffee is now open again for takeaways. Located in a lovely spot next to the river in Tonbridge, they are open for hot drinks, a selection of fresh pastries and a few grocery essentials like fresh eggs and sourdough. David and his team have set up social distancing measures to ensure staff and customer safety, and I can assure you, you won’t be disappointed by a coffee from here. 65mm Coffee has a flawless reputation and a loyal fan base in Tonbridge for good reason!
- We have been in touch with Basil to find out their opening plans, and they have asked us to let you know that they are awaiting their perspex screens and will then be in a position to announce their reopening dates. They plan to open St John’s Road Cafe first, followed by their Sevenoaks branch, then Tonbridge High Street, and finally Lime Hill Road, Tunbridge Wells. They are sorry they don’t have any more definitive information, but they were reassuring that they are getting operations back underway. We are looking forward to seeing them opening.
- Birch’s – Whole Good Food is offering home-cooked Friday night takeaway for delivery or collection. The menu changes each week, but here’s an example of last week’s meal deal: handmade lamb kofte and sesame kebabs or halloumi oliver and pepper kebabs, with sweet potato hummus, crunchy green salad with feta, jewelled cous cous with toasted nuts and pomegranate, and wholemeal pitta – plus free kids pasta. Gluten-free options are available. View the menu on Birch’s’ Facebook page and to order, email: email@example.com.
- The Cafe and Sandwich Bar in South Park Sevenoaks will be re-opening on 5th May with part-time hours initially (from 9am-2pm). The team is currently putting together a takeaway menu that you can order through Just Eat.
- Cafe on the Vine on Hollybush Lane, Sevenoaks, are opening again for takeaways from Wednesday to Sunday, 8.30am to 4pm. After being closed for some weeks due to the lockdown they are really looking forward to seeing you!
- The Chocolate Shop: order by phone or email for free local deliveries. Tel: 01732 742 350; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The Chequers Inn at Heaverham: takeaway and delivery. Tel: 01732 667 361.
- Creative Curry Girl is cooking and delivering authentic Indian dishes in Westerham and the local area within 7 miles. Meals are delivered frozen with cooking instructions. Dishes include: lamb rezala, chana dhal, keema matar, and cashew nut curry. You can also buy a set menu for four people or more, which includes 2 non-veg curries, 4 pure-veg curries, rice, mixed pakoras and chutney for £15.95 per person. To order, tel: 07843 202 559 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dulce’s Patisserie in Sevenoaks town centre is welcoming customers back to their shop from Friday 29th May. They will be open for takeaway and collection from 9am – 4pm and their home delivery service will continue from Thursdays to Saturdays (with the cut off for orders being 2pm the previous day). They have worked hard to ensure that safety measures are in place and there is ample signage and protective equipment available so that everyone can still have a warm and welcoming shopping experience. Selling wonderful cakes, pastries, afternoon tea and renowned macarons, Dulce’s we have missed you!
- The Fine Dining Chef in Sevenoaks is now offering 3-course special occasion meals as a delivery service. They will be offering a Father’s Day special box too. For more information, contact them on tel: 07958 086 914 or email: email@example.com.
- Flying Dishes food delivery is a new service providing freshly prepared meals to Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells areas in partnership with Tandem Catering Sevenoaks. They have created a menu of healthy nutritious comfort dishes for all the family, with both adult and children’s portions available. Order by 5pm for next day delivery. They deliver from 10am–6pm and food is delivered chilled ready to be reheated.
- Giggling Squid Sevenoaks is back delivering your favourite Thai dishes through Deliveroo, on Tuesdays-Sundays from midday. They are not able to offer collection services just yet, but hope to be able to do so soon.
- Fancy a takeaway pizza cooked in a wood-fired oven that also supports a local business? Fran and Rich at The Greyhound pub in Charcott are now offering a homemade pizza takeaway service. Phone 01892 870 275 in advance to place an order. This will be a completely contactless service, so your pizza must be paid for over the phone and collected from the pub’s summer kitchen counter.
- The Happy Table Co. specialise in delicious grazing tables for weddings and events. At this non-social time they have amended their offering to now be available for delivery to your home in boxed form. The menus start at £25 for a box for two people, £40 for four people and £60 for six people. The Afternoon Tea and The Brunch options start at £30 for two. Lily from The Happy Table company is delivering to Tonbridge and Sevenoaks – please contact her for delivery dates and costs.
- Hattusa is offering a call & collect service and is also taking orders from 12pm to 10pm via Deliveroo (Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells) and Just Eat (Tonbridge).
- Kazuko pan Asian and sushi in Bligh’s Meadow, Sevenoaks will deliver to TN13, TN14, TN15, TN16, TN11 and TN9 (minimum spend applies). Tel: 01732 463 888 or book online.
- The Kentish Rifleman in Dunk’s Green is open for takeaway food and drinks. They have a selection of pub food you can order for takeaway, including Steak and Ale Pie, Fish and Chips and Beef and Chorizo Burger, along with some puddings and a selection of ale, lager and wine. Their takeaway menu is on their website and phoning your order in before collecting is recommended. Tel: 01732 810727.
- Life on High along with Teston Bakery and Care for our Community, Sevenoaks, have been busy during lockdown, quietly making hundreds of soup and sourdough meals every lunchtime to be distributed to families across Sevenoaks. Neither Life on High nor Teston Bakery have charged for their time or resources, they have carried out this enormous operation for free. Now Life on High is opening to the public again, how about giving something back to these generous people by visiting their delicious cafe – they have superb coffee along with cakes, sandwiches and salads. We really hope that you can support them as they have supported others.
- Malabar, Riverhead and Sevenoaks, will be opening for takeaway only from Wednesday 3rd June. We don’t have much more information than that at present, but keep an eye on their website and Facebook pages for more information. It is great to see local businesses starting to open again.
- Burger bar Marlowes in Tunbridge Wells – which sadly had to close due to a fire – has plans to open a new eatery in Sevenoaks. While customers won’t be able to dine in at a physical restaurant during the lockdown, Marlowes is currently serving its burgers through Deliveroo in Sevenoaks – 7 days a week. We haven’t tried one of their burgers yet, but they look mouthwateringly good!
- Napoli è Italian restaurant in Westerham is open for takeaway of its traditional Italian pizza. Collection only. Tel: 01959 561 688 to place your order.
- Pizza Olivia on Quarry Hill Road in Tonbridge has a new menu and has started home delivery. They are open for collection and delivery after 5pm and you can order online or by phone, tel: 01732 368 384.
- Order Plaxtol Bakery goods including bread, croissants, sausage rolls, fruit teacakes, chicken and mushroom pies, peppered steak pies and traditional cornish pasties through the Hollybush Cafe. Order before 10am for next-day collection. Tel: 01732 458 505.
- Shenley Moore is a highly experienced professional chef, living locally in Hildenborough. Knowing that people are perhaps getting bored with cooking, she has set up a weekly delivery/takeaway menu for Fridays with regular menu changes. Contact her by Wednesday to place your order for a Friday delivery/takeaway. Last week’s menu was a delicious three courses at £12 per person or £45 for a family of 4 – do see her facebook page for a full, mouthwatering description. Delivery is free up to 5 miles (50p per mile after that).
- The Poacher & Partridge in Tudeley has launched an updated takeaway menu and food hampers, which are available to order online for non-contact collection only. Opening hours are Wednesday to Saturday, 5pm-9pm and Sunday 12pm-6pm. Order online or tel: 01732 358 934.
- The Red Pizza Van is still open 4pm-8.30pm (Monday-Saturday) and is operating in all of its usual locations in Sevenoaks, Riverhead, Ide Hill, Brasted, Kemsing, Ightham, Borough Green, Leigh, West Malling. Check out its website for exact locations and where it will be on which days. It also now serves gluten-free pizzas. Note: please contact them 24 hours before you wish to collect any pizza with a gluten-free base.
- Westerham Brewery is no longer able to offer click & collect services, but is still accepting delivery orders (within 30 miles of the brewery) via its webshop. It has a range of bottled and canned beer, whiskey, craft spirits, cider and mixers, as well as three Brewery Fresh Beers served straight from its 1,000L bright tanks in polypins and minipins.
- Wild Seasoning Kitchen runs a supper club offering a mouthwatering three course menu which changes each week. Order by 7pm Monday for a Thursday collection from their kitchen at TN14 6HB and keep an eye on their Facebook page for the weekly menu. Food is vacuum packed for reheating and cooking instructions are WhatsApp’d to you. Most dishes will freeze well too if you want to order in advance. Looks like a real treat!
Adventure Zone in Wrotham has several BERG trampolines in stock – great to keep the kids entertained and help them burn off some energy. LoveLocal cardholders can use the code local25 to get £25 off a BERG trampoline. Adventure Zone will deliver, but is unable to offer installation. All items shown on the website are in stock and available for delivery. Tel: 01732 822 659 or 07976 906 296.
Arts and crafts extraordinaire, The Creation Station, has adapted with the socially distancing times, launching its iCR8 online pre-recorded classes. You can buy a 10 class pack, with the necessary equipment delivered to you, which gives you the convenience of choosing when your child can enjoy a class. The Creation Station is also running live classes, if you prefer, and will deliver all the materials you need directly to your home before the lesson. They are currently offering Love Local Cardholders a 10% discount on online iCR8 pre-recorded packs and products, and more information about the lessons along with craft packs and products are available on their website. Their award winning craft activities are suitable for children aged from 18 months all the way up to adults!
COOK has some colouring-in and games for your little ones that you can print out at home. Download here.
Modern children’s sleepwear store Didi + Bud is still taking online orders. Owner Becky says: “I want to assure you that I am taking every recommended measure when packaging orders and I am no longer visiting the post office to send orders. Small orders are being dropped directly into our local post box and larger parcels have been upgraded free of charge to DPD. There may be a slight delay to our normal delivery times during this time, but orders are still arriving in a timely manner!” Get 20% off with LoveLocal.
Eagle Heights Wildlife Foundation is closed, but the not-for-profit organisation is appealing for donations to help run the centre. If you are able to help at all with animal feed costs etc. please donate. They are using the CrowdFunder app, which allows them to offer you rewards for your donation. They are also selling new Magnoidz Science Kits for kids, an amazing range of fun and educational kits for doing at home. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order. Most kits are £11.99 or 2 for £20. Some smaller kits available from £4.99!
Funky Monkey Keyboard Classes are suspended until September, but they are offering home learning instead. Your first lesson is free and all you need is a keyboard and access to YouTube. The pre-recorded tutorials are aimed at 5-8-year-old beginners. Tel: 01732 457 100 or email: email@example.com Get 10% off your first term’s fees with LoveLocal.
Gymboree Play & Music Sevenoaks is offering online memberships for children aged 5 and under, which includes exclusive online activities, songs, art, music and play ideas you can do in the comfort of your own home. £25 per family, per month. No minimum commitment period and no joining fee.
Local photographer Jane Mucklow has created an online beginners photography course to keep children and teenagers busy (and adults if you’d like to improve your skills too or to help younger children take part. It’s just one price for the whole family/household to take part).
JoJo Maman Bebe has released downloadable colouring sheets to keep the kids entertained – the selection includes farmyard, Easter, garden and under the sea.
Oakley Day Nursery and Preschool is staying open for children of key workers. They are fully aware how difficult finding childcare can be at the moment and are here to help. There is currently no deposit or registration fee, and they are flexible on the number of day your child attends. Tel: 01732 459 651.
The Rainy Day Box Company could be just what you need right now to keep your little ones busy, and with a LoveLocal card you can save 10% off each box. These are a really lovely idea, with each box packed full of things to keep small hands busy and minds learning. Take a look at their website to see the many wonderful toys and games that they send out in their boxes, there really is something to suit everyone. My children would love these!
Razzamataz Tonbridge is excited to announce that its Razz Tuition classes for ages 4-16 are now online. The fabulous classes in dance, fun drama games and singing – including pop singing, street dance and musical theatre – are delivered via a Zoom link in a safe secure environment with inspiring and highly experienced teachers. The Saturday afternoon classes are pay as you go, with the option to pay for multiple weeks at a time and are only £3.00 per session for all ages. Razzamataz has many exciting plans for the online classes, with ‘guest professional’ workshops and a fancy dress day. Call Eve Aston on 07401 801 318 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on this link to enrol. Once the lockdown restrictions are lifted and the normal school sessions resume, LoveLocal cardholders can get 10% off their first term of Saturday morning classes.
We are so sad to be missing out on the beautiful views, spring flowers and plants at Riverhill Himalayan Gardens, but you can still explore them from the comfort of your sofa at home – including the stunning spring bluebells – with this online virtual tour through the National Open Garden Scheme.
There’s still plenty of time to sort out your children’s school shoes before September – so don’t panic! Our usual go-to shop for excellent service, quality and size advice is Soles with Heart in West Malling. While the physical shop is closed, it is still accepting online orders and offering deliveries as far as Sevenoaks. Owner Teresa says: “If a family needs advice on sizing, email: info@soleswithheart and we will do our best to help them.” Get 15% off with LoveLocal.
Stagecoach Performing Arts Otford is offering free weekly, fantastic and fun videos for all its students and parents to enjoy at home. Head to its Facebook page for a sneak preview! Once classes are back on, LoveLocal cardholders can get a free session and T-shirt, which represents a saving of more than 10%, when they sign up for their first term.
Sevenoaks pottery studio, A Touch of Clay, is planning to reopen at the beginning of July, following strict Covid-19 safety guidelines. Booking will be required for all entries to the studios and will be restricted to one family at a time. Until then, Jackie is offering “take and paint” parcels, where you can collect items to take home to paint, then bring them back to the studio where they will be fired and glazed. With Father’s Day coming up, this is a really lovely idea. Contact Jackie to arrange collection on email@example.com or tel: 07796 878371. LoveLocal card holders will be given a 5% discount on the “take and paint” kits.
Running out of play ideas for your little ones? Local pre-school wooden toy company, Toy Central is still open for business. Check out the selection of educational and role-play toys on its website. LoveLocal cardholders can get 10% off all wooden toys and free delivery.
The Victoria Chart Company really is the go-to place to find all sorts of Rewards Charts and planners designed solely with children in mind. Operating in the US and the UK they really have thought of everything, from sticker charts for rewarding good behaviour, to potty training charts, to planners for children starting school. All the charts are beautifully designed and can be customised to fit your requirements. The Victoria Chart Company is offering a 15% discount on charts to all LoveLocal cardholders.
- Baby Explorers is running their summer term online via Zoom each week. They hold weekly interactive live classes along with a pre-recorded lesson (recorded separately, not a recording of the zoom class) which can be emailed to you if you would prefer to join in another time. An equipment list is sent out in advance of the class so you can get your props ready, and also a singalong session is emailed weekly along with a baby yoga or baby massage routine. Everything you need to keep your baby occupied! To request a free taster session please enquire on their website. Enjoy!
- The big butterfly count is a nationwide survey aimed at helping assess the health of our environment. It was launched in 2010 and has rapidly become the world’s biggest survey of butterflies. Over 113,500 people took part in 2019, submitting 116,009 counts of butterflies and day-flying moths from across the UK. The big butterfly count 2020 will run from Friday 17th July to Sunday 9th August and rangers at Haysden Country Park and Leybourne Lakes Country Park are encouraging families to take part. This is a free event and looking out for butterflies and moths may make your country walks even more interesting!
- After a lockdown party idea? Birdy’s Inflatable Hire is operating again, hiring out their bouncy castles. So if you need a way to entertain your children in the back garden, do contact them. Covid-19 social distancing regulations mean they can only operate within certain following constraints. Contact them on 07715 942669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Local performing arts school, Born to Perform Stage School is running online zoom sessions in drama, singing and dance. Tel: 07753 105 594.Diana Araujo supports families with NLP, hypnosis and Break Through Coaching Programmes online. As well as individual distant Reiki treatments, she is also doing a free collective distant Reiki session every Friday. Soon to launch: online mindfulness classes for children, teens and mums.
- Daisy Chain Art UK was set up by Michelle, who creates bespoke watercolour illustrations. She paints full name and initial illustrations to order, and also a wide variety of nursery illustrations from nursery rhymes to custom designs. Email: email@example.com
- Enchanted Village Adventure Golf and Pitch n Putt in West Wickham, Bromley, has recently reopened with the necessary social distancing and sanitising procedures in place. They say, “just turn up to play” and that for safety reasons you won’t be able to start playing until the group in front of you has played the second hole. Only groups from the same household can play together and the equipment is all sanitised after every use.
- One constant – even in the midst of a pandemic – is that children’s feet grow at an alarming rate! It is important that children continue to have the right size shoes. Jonty Hoad, owner of Sevenoaks children’s shoe shop Hoad’s, is making home deliveries in the local area. Simply, text or preferably WhatsApp him on 07769 652 279 with your name, address, the number of kids you need shoes for, and the sizes. More information on the service on the Hoad’s Facebook page.
- Honeybells Tents and Events have begun operating again and will set up the most gorgeous looking glamping for you in your own garden. Prices start at £100 and they can supply anything from an empty bell tent for you to decorate yourself to a fully furnished luxury package including real beds and bedding! With no festivals taking place at the moment, perhaps a back garden stay-at-home festival is the way forward?
- Sarah Jewitt is an experienced teacher and home-educating mum. She runs The Imagination Shed, which provides affordable, creative, literature-based resource packs to families who learn at home. She also offers online courses, workshops and tuition.
- Katie Palmer is a trained sleep practitioner helping families to make a positive change to their child’s sleep using research-based techniques. She’s finding many families are using this time of social isolation to work on getting some more sleep, so has moved all her consultations online.
- Katie Barnes and her husband run tuition company Kemsing Tuition. Lessons are available in English and EFL, maths, 11+ and entrance exams (KS1,2,3 and GCSE), also piano, flute and music theory. During the lockdown, they are teaching remotely via Skype.
- Shaula Lacson-Candido runs the Mums Surviving Motherhood Bookshop and she can arrange for Usborne children’s books to be delivered to you, contact-free.
- Children’s author, writer and editor, Nicola Young runs Storymakers – a creative writing club for kids, She has switched to lessons on Zoom and has spaces available in her holiday workshops.
- Party Bag Online offers practical, quality, fun and original party bags and gifts with a bespoke label or tag to suit the party theme delivered to your door. Owner Emma says: “I love creating special party bags – even if you can’t see what you’d like. Designing something bespoke or different is what I love to do, so please don’t hesitate to ask for something new.” Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07976 728 857.
- Mike Delaney and the team at The Skills Academy in Orpington are kindly donating free footballs to children who do not have a decent ball to practise with at home. This would, of course, be done safely using clean gloves and leaving the ball on the doorstep. These can be delivered into the areas of Bromley, Orpington, Petts Wood, Biggin Hill, Otford, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and any surrounding locations. For anyone who would like a ball, please send them a message on Facebook.
- The Slime Lab UK runs very popular slime-making parties. However, as these cannot operate at present, they have set up DIY Slime Kits so you can make your own slime in the luxury of your own home! Consisting of everything you will need, including slime base, activator, magic dust, foam balls, glitter and even a pot to store it in, the sets are priced at £5.50 for one kit and £10 for two. Slime Lab Tonbridge will deliver within a 5 mile radius of Tonbridge for free, or you can collect if you prefer. This is a great way to keep the children busy for a while! Tel: 07801 702323.
- Local baby and toddler communication experts TinyTalk Kent Downs are delighted to be running a weekend fundraiser to support the Wildwood Trust. These fun communication sessions will run online in a dedicated Facebook group on Saturday 20th June. The two sessions are Babies (from birth up to 2 years) from 9.30am to 10.30am and Toddlers (18 months-4 years) from 10am to 11am. The cost to attend is £5 per family, with all money raised going straight to the Wildwood Trust. There will be singing, signing and celebrating the woodland in these fundraising sessions. For more information, including ticketing and access details, please see the Facebook event, and to learn more about TinyTalk Kent Downs baby signing, toddler talking and newborn communication classes running daily online at a variety of times to suit, please see their website.
- Tonbridge Invicta Youth Football are recruiting players for their U14 girl’s team for the 20/21 season. This is directed at girls in years 7 and 8 who are keen to play football in a team, and interested girls can try out at one of their training sessions which are usually held on Tuesday evenings, term time. They are also recruiting for their boys teams at different levels including U18s (Year 13), U13s (Years 8 and 7), U10s (Years 5 and 4), U8s (Year 3) and the Minis (Year 2), so if you know of anyone interested do pass this information on. Please contact Claire Palfrey on email@example.com for more details or see their Facebook page.
- Tots Teachers Preschool at Westerham Village Hall, Quebec Avenue, will be opening its doors on 1st September. This is a teacher-led preschool where the aim is to provide premium quality care and education to children, free to the community. If you are interested in a free place for your child, please contact them on 07710 044 190 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be clear that it is Westerham that you are interested in as they also have a preschool in Sevenoaks. They will have vacancies for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds and will be offering FF2 funding for eligible 2-year-olds, 15 & 30 hours for eligible 3-year-olds – there are no extra fees for funded places and you are free to ‘spend’ your funded hours however suits your family’s needs best. They do not charge registration fees and will have open days by appointment only during the summer break.
Home organisers Nicki Munns and Heidi Vorster at All Organised have discontinued face-to-face work with their clients, but have undertaken training to be able to offer a virtual service via Zoom, so that clients can obtain guidance on quick-starting sessions for tackling clutter hot spots in their homes. They are offering this one-to-one service at a reduced rate of £25 per hour. In addition, LoveLocal cardholders can get a free 30-minute Zoom consultation during the lockdown period, which you can use for project planning when Nicki and Heidi reopen their diaries for bookings or for advice and guidance on how to tackle a specifically disorganised area or preparing a home for sale when life returns to a more even keel. They add: “We are aware that the current crisis has elevated anxiety-related issues. Clients with Hoarding Disorder are being widely affected and we are happy to provide phone support to anyone who requires a non-judgemental ear.” Tel: 01732 779 611.
A Plan Sevenoaks is still open for all your insurance needs. Its branch-based colleagues are now set up to work from home, so whether you need to make an adjustment, make a claim or need to buy a new policy, A Plan is here to support you. Contact the Sevenoaks branch on 01732 757 176 and you’ll be able to speak to one of the colleagues from the branch that you’ve always dealt with. As a LoveLocal cardholder, you can save 5% on car insurance and 10% on home and contents insurance.
While many of us are still working from home in our loungewear, for those who need a freshly pressed suit or shirt, Archers Express Cleaners in London Road, Sevenoaks is now open Monday-Saturday from 9am-4pm. It offers professional dry cleaning, laundry, alterations & repair services. Get 10% off with your LoveLocal card.
While many of us have been struggling during the lockdown – be it homeschooling, shielding, endless Zoom calls or financial worries – if you feel that your mental health is being seriously affected then it is important to seek professional help. Clare from BCS Counselling is an integrative counsellor, meaning she draws theory and tools from various counselling methods, including Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT) and Transactional Analysis (TA). During the COVID-19 lockdown, she is offering online counselling sessions, with a view to returning to face-to-face sessions once restrictions are lifted. Use your LoveLocal card for a 10% discount on initial assessments and standard weekly sessions. Tel: 07910 918410.
Caroline Alexander Alterations is delighted to have re-opened again. Do contact her (by phone is best) with any clothing amendment requirements on which Caroline can work her magic. She has asked us to pass on that she is keeping contact to a minimum and wearing gloves and a face mask whilst working, and would love to hear from you. Don’t forget, LoveLocal card holders can receive a 10% discount. Tel: 07976 449409.
Our LoveLocal partner, DJ Marcel Mendez, is an international DJ based in Sevenoaks who has performed in locations around the world including Cannes, Miami, Ibiza and South America. He is offering a custom-made, DJ’d private Zoom party, which could make for an innovative present, a way to cheer up an isolated loved one, or just a great excuse to get dancing with your friends while lockdown is keeping you apart. Put on your heels and get ready to dance! For more details, quotes and availability contact Marcel on his Facebook page quoting LoveLocalCard for an exclusive 15% discount on all Zoom party bookings before 30th August 2020. You can also access Marcel’s feelgood summer sets online here and celebrate the start of the weekend on Friday 19th June from 6pm to 7pm by tuning into Sunset Vibes livestream exclusively here.
Flashbang Photography is now offering outdoor fun family photography sessions in Sevenoaks, West Malling and Maidstone. Owner Clair will be using a long lens so she can keep a social distance. Tel: 07747 110146 or email: email@example.com. Get 20% off with LoveLocal.
The Kemsing Motor Company is planning to re-open on Monday 11th May. They are taking bookings now and are looking forward to hearing from you. To comply with social distancing, they are offering a free collection and delivery service. For customers wishing to drop their cars off, they ask you to drop your keys through their letterbox and they will then make arrangements for the return of your keys when they have finished the work on your vehicle. Their preferred method of payment will be over the phone. LoveLocal cardholders get a 10% discount on labour rates (excluding bodywork) and an MOT for £45.
The wedding season may be on hold, but on the plus side this means Maria Assier Photography is available for family photoshoots, maternity photoshoots and commercial and personal branding shoots. She has informed us that these shoots are all easily performed outside and with plenty of space and distance, so are safe for all involved. Maria has also recently taken some doorstep portraits for local families in Otford and Sevenoaks, so do get in touch if you would like a memento of this time. With a LoveLocal card you can save 15%.
Terry Malone Professional Carpentry and Joinery are open for business again. To keep everyone safe they are maximising workshop time, meaning less contact time is needed when fitting furniture. Terry and his team are ready to help with your next project, from media units, to wardrobes, to home offices to decking. Save 15% when using your LoveLocal card.
- ‘Stay Connected’ is sponsored by Business Tree Marketing Agency and will provide free weekly virtual networking events for business owners & professionals via Zoom and one monthly training webinar, speaker or mini masterclass for a small fee of £10 to cover Eventbrite.
- Helen Crook, executive assistant, is here to help any small businesses, start-ups or self-employed workers that need any guidance and support through these difficult times. Now more than ever, their online strategy is so important to reach established and potential clients. Helen says: “What I can do for them: Save Time, make more time for yourself and the more important aspects of your business – leave the stress of admin with me; Save Money, with a broad skill set, I provide cost-effective support and look to improve efficiency wherever possible; Streamline Your Business, I can bring order and structure to your every day; Marketing Strategy, with experience and established partnerships in management and design, I also provide a bespoke marketing solution. During the lockdown, I have reduced my rates to £20 p/h. For any new clients that sign up with me during this time, I shall honour that fee once the lockdown has been lifted also.” Tel: 07769 972 606 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Watts Kent says: “My son Relf Kent is a musician and has been teaching guitar to all ages and levels for 5 years now. He is now teaching online. Message me for more information if you are interested.”
- JM Creative Landscapes and Tree Surgery is a local, qualified and insured tree surgeon. Tel: 07713 805 531.
- Kall Kwik Print & Design on Bligh’s Road, Sevenoaks is open for all your printing, graphic design, photocopying and scanning needs. Opening hours are 9:30am-2pm on Mondays-Wednesdays and Fridays. Home deliveries are available. Email: email@example.com or tel: 01732 741 622.
- If you’re a Kent business owner with questions about coronavirus, call the COVID-19 Business Support Hotline run by the Kent & Medway Growth Hub on 03333 602 300 between 8.30am–5pm Mon-Fri for advice.
- NPR Roofing & Building is a local, family-run business based in Otford. They have worked for many clients, many of whom have been recommended from the Sevenoaks Mums Network Facebook Group. Tel: 01959 525 074 or 07929 443 302.
- If you’re not keen, or not able, to go out to the shops, Oxted Floor Designs will bring the shop to you with their new mobile showroom. They have just launched their Shop at Home Service and they state that all staff will be equipped with PPE and hand sanitiser. Their store and showroom in Oxted is also now open, with reduced opening hours of Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 3pm.
- Angelique Ruzicka runs content and PR agency Rare 85. She is offering all businesses a 10% discount on her work, as well as a free 15-minute chat about your comms and marketing strategy. Rare 85 can help you with everything from branding to social media.
- Sharp Minds Communications offer full-service marketing and PR. They are giving free advice to help businesses survive the coronavirus crisis, along with additional free consultancy from a business coach and accountants.
- While they have paused taking on work in people’s houses, local decorators Smith Nicolson are currently taking furniture pieces for hand painting or spraying. If you want something revamped to a professional and flawless finish, contact Victoria on 07828 741 657 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Mills of Taken by Laura M is offering to support local businesses by photographing their products to help with online sales. She understands that times are tough and if offering any local business (Sevenoaks, Tunbridge Wells, Oxted and surrounding areas) heavily discounted pricing in line with what you can afford.
- Thackray Williams Solicitors has set up a free legal advice helpline for any COVID-19 related enquiries. Its dedicated coronavirus advice line will be manned from 8.30am until 6pm Monday to Friday on 0208 663 4127 and is available to all business regardless of whether you are an existing client or not.
- Tina Andrews is a careers coach, specialising in demystifying LinkedIn for job search, career building or generating leads. She’s currently offering LinkedIn Power Hours for £50 (normal charge is £99). She can help you set up your LinkedIn account or massively improve the one that you have to make it work for you. LinkedIn is a fantastic tool when you know how to position yourself, connect with the right people and get visible. Send Tina a message on Facebook or email: email@example.com
- With many of us furloughed or with a bit more time on our hands now that we can’t socialise, why not make the most of those spare hours? The Sevenoaks branch of charity Samaritans is recruiting and training new staff remotely. They are looking for telephone listening volunteers, as well as volunteers to join the friendly and enthusiastic team who run the branch. If you’re interested in helping with administration, fundraising, marketing, recruitment or social media, they would love to hear from you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07388 179 760.
- Are you passionate about outdoor spaces and public art? If so, this volunteering role might be for you. Sevenoaks District Council are looking for volunteers to join their ‘Public Realm Commission’ to help with fundraising, with protecting and improving existing and new public areas, and with installing works of art. Have a look at their website for more information.
- West Kent Mind is looking for volunteer Digital Befrienders in Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells. Are you IT savvy and have good communication skills? Do you have a few hours spare each week to help someone who is socially isolated to have more IT ability? If so, they would love to hear from you. Email: email@example.com
HEALTH, FITNESS & BEAUTY
Before lockdown, Rebecca and Georgina from the LoveLocal card team were regular BOOSTfit attendees – we love how positive and uplifting the classes are, and how you feel amazing afterwards. Thankfully, you can still get your exercise boost online; BOOSTme is a mix of 15-90 minute workouts; body-part-specific workouts; sections so you can create your own BOOSTfit class to work on your goals; live filmed classes from various locations; and an exclusive online support group. BOOSTme costs £19.99 a month (the same cost as one class a week) plus you can cancel through Paypal at ANY point. Sign up here. LoveLocal cardholders receive £10 off your first month’s subscription.
Lauren Barber is starting her next Reconnected Woman Journey on 21st June for four weeks. Lauren is a women’s empowerment and wellbeing coach and a yoga and meditation teacher. In this forthcoming 28 day group journey she will be sharing accessible tools and practices that will support women to be more connected, grounded and empowered within their mind, body, heart and soul. For more information on this offering visit her website and, as a special gift, Lauren is offering a £10 discount on the Reconnected Woman Journey to LoveLocal card holders.
You can still purchase all of the vegan, plant-based botanical skincare products from Meadow Skincare’s website. And if you buy one of their Ultra Protective Lip & Hand Balms – a soothing, repairing and highly moisturising balm that’s effective for dry skin conditions – they will donate one to an NHS worker during the COVID-19 crisis. LoveLocal cardholders get 20% off.
Nourish by Naomi is offering online Cook With Me classes starting on 16 May. You just need to rock up in your kitchen with the ingredients and equipment – she’ll send a list in advance – and then Naomi will talk you through how you create something delicious and healthy. All recipes are vegan, gluten-free and refined-sugar-free and use whole food natural ingredients. Naomi’s first Cook With Me recipe is a raw chocolate, vegan cheesecake.
Paydens Pharmacy in London Road, Sevenoaks is now open 9am-1pm and 2pm-6pm Monday to Saturday. Tel: 01732 454 997.
Pippa’s Yoga has moved her classes to live-streamed online lessons and all can be booked through her website. Catering for the whole family, she offers a variety of different styles of yoga, including classes for mum and baby, teens, pregnancy, power yoga, hatha yoga and a slow flow lesson. There is also a free meditation/mindfulness download for all. Pippa has offered LoveLocal cardholders 3 FREE CLASSES for the month of June – contact her for the discount code on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Private GP Clinic is now providing full GP consultations via secure video link. They also continue to provide face-to-face GP consultations when these are required, as well as Practice Nurse Consultations, blood tests, vaccinations etc. They say: “We treat the safety of our patients and staff as being of paramount importance & have taken extensive measures to ensure that the Clinic continues to be a safe, clean environment for all who access our services. We are committed to supporting and continuing to provide the very best healthcare to all our patients during the coronavirus pandemic.” Get 20% off your first GP consultation, 10% off standard membership package, FREE travel consultation and 10% off travel vaccinations with LoveLocal.
The Racquet Academy’s physical store in Otford may still be closed, but they are offering a 25% discount on their online shop with the discount code RA25%OFF. With tennis being one of the sports that is currently permissible to play, perhaps it’s time to upgrade your equipment? They are also offering delivery to the Sevenoaks area and a postal re-stringing service too, if your racquet needs a little attention?
Shona’s Runners have been in touch to say they have just started to run in groups again. They are only operating in small, socially distanced groups, in order to comply with safety requirements for Covid-19, but they would welcome more runners as always. Shona suggests the best way to contact her is through her Facebook messenger page, so do drop her a line if you are interested in her running groups. They come highly recommended! Use your LoveLocal card to get two free runs or 10% off a beginner’s course.
- The physical store may be shut, but Bat & Ball Sports is still taking orders via its website to be delivered to your home. For enquiries, email: email@example.com
- Beautique Beauty Salon in Sevenoaks are now taking bookings for long awaited treatments from the 4th July. They are only taking pre-booked appointments and will just have two therapists working at one time to begin with. They would prefer card payments and you can book in with them through their website. Clients will be asked to hand sanitise before treatment commences and therapists will wear a face mask/shield, gloves and a disposable apron which will be changed for each client. Please also be aware that the magazines from the waiting area have been removed and refreshments will no longer be offered to minimise the chances of cross contamination.
- Crafty By Nature Skincare offers make-your-own bath bomb and lip balm kits. They are eco-friendly and made with natural ingredients. As well as being fun to make they are lovely to use. Use the code sevenoaksdelivery for free delivery in Sevenoaks. They are also currently offering online bath-bomb making parties. All of the guests will be provided with the moulds and ingredients to make a bath bomb, as well as a ready-made lip balm. Owner Sarah will then host a fun online party where everyone will make their own bath bombs and decorate their own lip balm.
- Dr Charles Worth is a local GP and aesthetic medicine doctor offering online skin consultations. He can help with any skin or ageing related complaint such as wrinkles, scars, acne, rosacea, and pigmentation/sun spots. Any prescriptions or skincare will be posted. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiona Sullivan is a personal trainer specialising in antenatal and postnatal fitness. At this time, she is running free 30-minute workouts at 1pm every week day on her Facebook page. She is still running PT sessions via Zoom/FaceTime and is also running her classes via Zoom at half price: 10 classes for £35 or £3.50 each. The times are: Total BodyFix 8:00am-8:50am on Mon, Weds & Fri; Insanity 7:30pm on Mon & Weds. Tel: 07737 565 610
- Funky Fit Dance Fitness with Emma – a fun dance fitness session for all the family – will be live streaming at 9.30am every day (except Sundays) for 30 minutes. Let’s keep positive, fit and healthy and have some fun during this incredibly tricky time for us all. Join the ‘Funky Fit’ Facebook group for more information. If you would like to join any sessions then a contribution of £5 a week via PayPal would be much appreciated.
- The Health Boost has been posting lots of healthy recipes that the whole family can enjoy together, as well as short fitness workouts that require little or no equipment and easy recipes with store cupboard ingredients.
- Mobile beauty therapist Emma Whale is offering a discount on Heaven Skincare products. Use the code TWB05 when ordering.
- Hollybush Cafe is now open for takeaway hot drinks and Hollybush Tennis Centre is also open. You can book the tennis courts at the cafe or online here. Court fee is £10 per hour or join as a member. They can also offer 1:1 tennis lessons for ages 5+; for more information, email: email@example.com
- The Kent Running Coach is operating face to face sessions again – with running and movement technique analysis and coaching available to runners of all abilities aged from seven years and older. They are also offering 1:1 personal training sessions and their online KRC Remote Run Club is available to those who prefer a virtual running coach experience. If you are interested in any of the above please do not hesitate to contact Claire on tel: 07733 107410 or through the contact us page on their website.
- Lightning Fit is launching online fitness classes from today. Classes include hapi yoga, pilates, box strong, core & flexibility, strength, barre dynamics, handstand training, and move to the groove. Sign up for weekly or monthly membership. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jenny Pollard owns Nourish Your Nails. She is a trained Bio Sculpture nail technician and her (and their) ethos is all about caring for your natural nails. At the moment she is unable to do appointments for Bio gels, a far healthier gel system. However, she is offering advice and has sets available for nourishing your nails at home. Lots of you will be having a forced break from having your nails done, so now is a great time to get some nutrients into your own nails and give them some TLC.
- Katie Brown of Oaks Yoga is doing online yoga classes on ZOOM on Friday, Saturday and Monday mornings.
- Siaron Moore is teaching her dance fitness and HIIT classes online via Zoom. Tel: 07721 519 834 or email: email@example.com
- Tracey Danson-Brown is a Mental Health First Aid Instructor with Mental Health First Aid England and will now be facilitating an online Adult Half Day course via ZOOM. The 4-hour session raises awareness of Mental Health and is suitable for anyone aged 16+. For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Triwetsuithire might be just the site to visit if you are starting your open water swimming journey. Owner Sarah is tremendously knowledgeable about all things open water, and can suggest wetsuits to suit all body shapes and heights. Just drop her a note if you’re unsure and she will be happy to advise. Triwetsuithire will post your wetsuit to you, and you can hire it for as long, or as short a period as you like. All the information you will need is on their website.
- Public swimming pools may still be closed, but if you are keen to take a dip in this glorious weather, maybe open water swimming is an option for you? TriSwim has opened for the season at both Chipstead Lake and Haysden Lake. You will need to be a member to swim with them throughout 2020 and you will need to pre-book a ticket to reserve your swimming time-slot, you cannot just turn up to swim. An open water swim session costs £6 with a £1 booking fee. Wetsuits optional, although the water is still rather fresh apparently!
- Lucy Talbot is an ambassador for Tropic Skincare (natural, vegan beauty products), which is offering free delivery on orders over £30 until 18th May, as well as product offers and giveaways to help during this tricky time. Quote TROPICTREAT for free delivery.
- Up and Running, Sevenoaks, is open again as of 15th June. Their stores will be operating in accordance with the government guidelines of social distancing and they have published more information about how they are operating at present on their website.
FASHION, GIFTS & HOMEWARE
Fancy doing a bit of interior design while you are stuck at home during the lockdown? Avery Interiors can still supply Sanderson, Zoffany and Little Greene paint to you. They can also still supply wallpaper paste, wallpapers and fabrics from William Morris, Sanderson, Harlequin, Zoffany, Scion and Anthology. All delivered directly to your home with a contact-free delivery. Tel: 01732 455 760 or 020 8777 7360 or email: email@example.com
The British Candle Company’s vegan-friendly candles are hand-poured in small batches using only 100% soy wax and burn for more than 60 hours. Choose from a cotton or wooden wick and a wide range of scents, such as pink champagne & pomelo, sandalwood & black pepper, and fresh linen. Free UK delivery. Get 20% off with LoveLocal.
Gorgeous gift, home accessories and furniture shop in Hollybush, Sevenoaks, Chic et tralala has a range of items available from its online shop. They can also send a gift selection (hamper) to your loved ones, wrapped with a card and your message. Simply email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org Get 10% off with LoveLocal.
Dovetails Vintage in Bank Street Sevenoaks is closed, but the online store is open and they are able to offer a delivery service via Parcelforce and Royal Mail. Head to the online shop for Annie Sloan paint and wax, pearlescent glaze, letter stencils, brushes and more. They have also posted some straightforward instructions on how to make your own face shield. Email: email@example.com Get 10% off with LoveLocal.
Etoile Womenswear are opening again on the 15th June with initial opening hours of Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm, and Saturdays 10am to 5pm. If you would like to visit the store but want to keep a clear distance from others, please book a private appointment by phoning 01732 455759. Etoile have written, “we will have a two person at any time policy at the shop so if one person is downstairs, the other is upstairs. There is only one of each style on the rails and more sizes are in the stock room so customers can have a new piece to eliminate any contamination. If it is the last item in stock we will steam it to safeguard any infections. We have hand sanitiser on entry and exit and also we will be wearing a mask and can even stand outside while customers shop. The card machine will be cleaned after each customer.” Alongside their clothing ranges they will also be stocking washable face masks in 100% cotton, in two styles, and all proceeds from the sale of these will go to UNICEF and the NHS. If you would like to reserve any face masks, please contact Etoile directly. As LoveLocal partners, they are offering a 10% discount to card holders.
Eyelines sunglasses and eyewear shop in Sevenoaks will be operating on a limited basis for the duration of the current health crisis. The team will be available by phone 01732 460 317 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The practice will be open between 10am and 4pm Tuesday to Saturday. They will not be carrying out eye examinations, but will be able to offer a triage service and contact lenses ordering and supply. Eyelines will also be offering a limited spectacle service. Get 10% off with your LoveLocal card.
British gift boutique, The English Beagle is taking online orders, but can only post items that can be sent as a large letter. Orders that are classed as a small parcel won’t be posted until Saturday 11th April.
First Stage is open for online shopping, currently offering discounts of up to 30% on their clothing ranges. They stock a wide range of children’s dance and gymnastics-wear including items by Bloch, Capezio and Pineapple, dance footwear including ballet, tap and jazz shoes, and gorgeous children’s clothing by designers including Mayoral, Hatley and Petit Bateau. Once the shop is open to the public again they will be offering a click and collect service – they hope this will be very soon. LoveLocal card holders will receive a 10% discount in store.
For the Love of Mum, a curated selection of products for mums and mums-to-be, is still taking orders from its online shop. However, they are doing limited runs to the post office since quarantine began, so your order might take a little bit longer than normal to arrive. We have our eye on their super comfy loungewear and uber-stylish teething jewellery. Get 10% off with LoveLocal.
Whilst the Grace Fashion Accessories shops in Sevenoaks and Tonbridge may be closed, you can still purchase a Grace Gift Voucher for use when they reopen (hopefully later in June) and they will post these anywhere you wish in the UK. Please email Gracefashionkent@gmail.com or phone Janice – tel: 07793 460209.
The Hardware Centre on London Road in Sevenoaks is still open and also offers free local delivery on Saturdays for those who are self-isolating. Please call 01732 453 424 for more information or to place an order. Get 10% off with LoveLocal.
Johnny’s Little Sister Flower Emporium has released its new weekly delivery schedule, with a donation from each bouquet sold going to the NHS. Orders must be made on Thursdays by 8pm for delivery on Saturdays. Each week, the bouquet will be made up using a beautiful mixture of seasonal flowers and foliage. Tel: 01732 458 320 / 07864 129 315 or email: email@example.com.
Lovell & Vie will be reopening for business on the 16th June. They have a great range of swimwear, kaftans and flipflops in stock, just in time for summer. We are really looking forward to having a browse through their rails! Don’t forget, Lovell & Vie offer LoveLocal card holders a 10% discount.
The Sevenoaks Candle Company is still taking orders online, which are dispatched twice a week where possible. Production has been reduced and some ingredients are delayed in the supply chain, so stock may be limited. You can email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org to check before ordering, otherwise they will contact you if they cannot fulfil some of your order. As well as amazing smelling candles, The Sevenoaks Candle Company has brought forward the launch of its Liquid Hand Soap in Black Pomegranate. Free delivery available in Sevenoaks on spends of more than £10, collection available and they are continuing to post orders with Royal Mail as normal. Get 10% off with LoveLocal.
The Sevenoaks Florist is open for business again! Needless to say, the shop is not open to the public, but they are making deliveries and can take orders by phone (01732 450 145) or through their website. They deliver all around Sevenoaks, as well as from Borough Green to Westerham, Eynsford, Hildenborough, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells and all of the surrounding areas. In addition, they can organise deliveries nationally. They can now also deliver balloon bouquets or flower, wine, champagne, chocolates etc with balloons. Get 20% extra flowers with your LoveLocal card.
Soles with Heart Children’s Shoes in West Malling is closed, but is taking online orders. LoveLocal cardholders can get a 15% discount (type Love Local in the discount box). Free local delivery by arrangement.
Sophie Wootton Borruso is a Sevenoaks-based artist specialising in bespoke pencil portraits of children, pets and homes/churches, and painted silhouette portraits of children and families – either traditional side profile or doing something unusual. She also has an online shop selling beautiful greeting cards and high-quality prints – perfect for gifts. She offers 10% off for all LoveLocal card members. And as a special offer she is currently offering 20% off all prints.
Victoria Genevieve Personal Styling is running regular Zoom Styling Party Sessions. Past talks have included an evening of relaxation and rituals with facialist and skincare expert Charlotte Connoley; a preview of the new jewellery collection by Catherine de Crevecoeur; and Victoria’s Top Of The Shops clothing and accessories picks for summer 2020. To join, you need to private message Victoria on Facebook with your email address. Once she is able to offer her face-to-face personal styling services again, you can get 25% off with LoveLocal.
Christie, the owner of Woolly Pebbles, is still busy crafting away creating beautiful hand needle-felted brooches, baubles and decorative pieces. Get 10% off orders over £15 with LoveLocal.
- Between the Lines will be opening again from the 15th June. Having been closed throughout the lockdown it is great to see shops in Sevenoaks start to re-open and business recommence. Between the Lines stocks a great range of cards, gifts and homeware, and no doubt will be full of present ideas for Fathers’ Day too, so definitely worth a peruse.
- Sue Bey runs Bey Tree, a pop-up and online ladies fashion, accessories and homeware company from her home in Westerham. At the moment she is reducing lots of fabulous stock to half price or less.
- With the lockdown ensuring we all spend the vast majority of our days in our houses, perhaps you are considering a home makeover? Burlanes Interiors on Dartford Road, Sevenoaks, offer bespoke kitchens, home offices, bedrooms and bathrooms with an emphasis on quality and beautiful design. They are currently open on an appointment only basis at present, with strict procedures to ensure the safety of their staff and customers.
- Danish Collection on Sevenoaks High Street is still open for online shopping. At the time of writing it is offering a 50% discount on all online orders… very appealing! Stocking clothes, footwear, childrens items and an extensive range of Scandinavian inspired homeware, it is definitely worth having a look.
- Sevenoaks florists, Flower & Glory, are still open for delivery of bouquets. They say that some availability for certain flowers may be limited during this time, but rest assured, bouquets will still be “absolutely gorgeous”. You can view their bouquets on their website (all of which look stunning). To order tel: 01732 743419.
- Independent florist Flowers by Enchantment in Tonbridge is now able to deliver gift flowers, as well as funeral tributes. Order via their website or tel: 01732 351 092.
- While you can’t browse the stylish lighting, furniture or homeware at Holloways of Ludlow in Brasted, they are having an online warehouse clearance sale with up to 70% off. We have our eye on their gorgeous rose gold pendant lights. Free delivery when you spend more than £50.
- Japanese contemporary homewares store NiMi Projects is taking orders online.
- Jessica Reid runs Owen Farm in Chelsfield, Orpington. She upcycles furniture, as well as sells antique pine and reproduction pine. Her small shop is closed, but if you see anything on her social media pages, you can order and collect at a safe distance. Tel: 01959 532 787 or 07495 763 954 or email: email@example.com.
- Patmores, which sells dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers, fridges and freezers, as well as TVs & entertainment products, small appliances and vacuum cleaners, is open Monday-Saturday from 9am-1pm. If you can’t find what you want on their website, call the shop on 01732 456 247 for the latest stock and delivery information.
- Caroline De Beires Vilela runs Roses & Bloom, an antique and vintage jewellery shop (plus handmade cushions!). Order via Etsy.
- Need something new to read? You can still order all manner of different books from Sevenoaks Bookshop website. Fleur and the Bookshop Team say: “We are working safely with a much-reduced staff team. This means we can only answer the phone intermittently, so it is best to email us with any queries at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will pack and dispatch books as quickly as possible, but please note that all postal deliveries are running several days behind usual schedules. Thank you for your patience.”
- Vincenties is a vegan-based candle company. Order via Etsy.
Riverhill Himalayan Gardens opened for its summer season on 30th May. To keep in line with government guidelines they have put some restrictions in place, so now you can only enter if you have pre-booked a ticket on their website. Visitor numbers to the gardens will be limited with timed, two-hour pre-booked visits. Riverhill say “having pre-booked timed slots will allow us to restrict the numbers in the gardens and control the flow of visitors to ensure a safe, calm and happy experience for all our visitors and staff. The focus will be on exploring and enjoying the gardens and woodland, rather than events and activities where social distancing is difficult to maintain.” Season ticket holders, Historic House members and Gift Voucher holders will continue to be free but will still need to pre-book slots so that numbers are managed. Toilet facilities will be available and Otto’s Cafe at Riverhill will be open 10.30am – 5pm. Get 2 for 1 on all hot drinks at the cafe with your LoveLocal card. Unfortunately, the Yeti is on furlough until further notice!
- Bewl Water is open for walking, cycling, fishing and members’ watersports. Parking and admission is £5 and exit gates will be locked at 7pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8pm (Friday to Sunday). Toilet facilities are available. The route around the reservoir is a family-friendly 13 miles – for walking allow six hours and for cycling allow three hours. The Aqua Park, Laser Challenge, Cycle Hire and Pedalos will be available as the Government’s relaxation of lockdown and social distancing measures are gradually lifted, but you can advance book now for these (and for camping). They state (at time of writing) that there is a free cancellation policy, no strings attached.
- Downingbury Farm in Pembury is now open for pick your own strawberries. They currently have two large covered areas ready with ripe and delicious (I have sampled them!) strawberries for you to pick at your leisure. Later on in the season, they will have raspberries, gooseberries, redcurrants, apples and plums on a pick your own basis. Their farm shop is well stocked with fresh fruit and vegetables, locally laid eggs, condiments, cheese and other foods. When I visited it was still quiet and social distancing was easy to maintain, but might be worth phoning before visiting just to check. Tel: 01892 824 282.
- Hever Castle is among the many unique and beautiful places we are lucky to have on our doorstep in Kent. The castle, play areas and water maze are still closed, but the gardens, lake walk and boating are all now accessible. At the time of writing the cafes are still closed, but they are looking to open these on a take away basis as soon as possible. In the meantime visitors are encouraged to bring picnics and find a space in the beautiful grounds. You must pre-book your ticket and time of arrival online to ensure that visitor numbers are restricted and are asked to follow the one way system in the grounds.
- Lullingstone Country Park is open to visitors, and, in response to government guidelines, it has now reopened its car park and toilets making a visit there much more manageable. With its running and walking trails, picnic areas and ancient woodland it is a great spot to get some fresh air.
- The National Trust is phasing the opening of their gardens and park lands from Wednesday 3rd June alongside the countryside car parks that they have already started to gradually open. To ensure that you can visit safely they have set up a booking system so everyone has the space they need. They will continue to add new places that are opening to their website each Friday, so if your favourite National Trust venue isn’t showing as open yet, do check back each week. Locally to Sevenoaks, Scotney Castle and Sissinghurst Castle should both have opened their gardens when we go to press (8th June) and more venues should open this week. Knole will open its car park to pre-booked ticket holders from 8th June. Kent Police, Sevenoaks District Concil and the Sackville Estate are urging visitors to only visit Knole if you have a pre-booked ticket in order to keep the local community safe. Restaurants, coffee shops and play areas unfortunately remain closed at these venues, but toilet facilities are available.
- Penshurst Place is now open for pre-booked visits only, to control visitor numbers, in line with Covid-19 safety guidelines. To book your visit please visit their website, tickets will not be sold at the Visitor Entrance. You can book a maximum of one week in advance. Season ticket holders will still need to book a space, as will Historic Houses members. Unfortunately, the adventure playground, the house, the woodland trail, the Garden Restaurant, the stable yard visitor toilets, the Gift Shop and the Toy Museum are all closed at present. Hand sanitiser stations have been installed across the site and benches and picnic tables have been spread across the site to limit proximity. The Porcupine Pantry is now open for hot and cold drinks, hot lunches, sandwiches and cakes on a takeaway basis from 10am to 5pm daily.
- Sevenoaks Town Council currently has allotment vacancies at its Quaker’s Hall Lane site and prices start from as little as £5. As allotments are large areas of land, it is easy to maintain a social distance from your allotment neighbours while enjoying the spring air. Email Ruth at: email@example.com or tel 01732 459 953.
- Sevenoaks Nature Reserve is open for walkers, although please note that the visitor centre, bird hides and car parks are closed at present. Described as “a pioneering landscape”, the reserve includes five lakes and a mixed habitat of ponds, seasonal flooded pools, reedbed and woodlands.
- Stonepitts Farm will be opening for their 30th year offering Pick Your Own strawberries from 12th June. They have implemented a number of measures to ensure their staff’s and the public’s protection, including limiting the number of cars, providing all packaging and shortening their opening hours. All the information can be found on their website. NHS staff and key workers are offered a 20% discount. They are sadly not running Folking in the Fields this year, but the strawberries will still, no doubt, be delicious.
HELP SUPPORT A LOCAL LANDMARK
Did you know The Stag Theatre in Sevenoaks is usually visited more than 300,000 times every year? The team miss all of their loyal customers and are appealing for donations to help keep the not-for-profit charity running. Here’s what they say: “We rely heavily on hiring out The Stag building, the spend in our bars and kiosks and kind donations and sponsorship from businesses and those in the community. The outbreak of COVID-19 means The Stag is temporarily closed, but our team is still hard at work remotely talking to customers and helping to book shows for when we reopen. We are regularly updating the website with rescheduled shows, so don’t forget to book your tickets. You can also give Gift Aid payments online while booking. We are enormously grateful for the local support we receive and, now more than ever, we need that support. We want to make sure we can continue bringing you high-quality shows long into the future. Can you help? Your donation now really will make a big difference. It will mean we can continue providing you with quality entertainment, community events and a much-loved arts venue in Sevenoaks.” Donate online here.
FATHERS’ DAY IDEAS
Hi.Cookie, makers of delicious, generously sized American cookies, have boxes of six huge cookies available for delivery from £18 (plus delivery). Including tasty flavours such as cinnadoodle, peanut butter cup and rocky road, these are indeed special cookies, and would no doubt guarantee a smile on everyone’s face on Fathers’ Day. And, to make the cookies even sweeter, LoveLocal card holders can receive a 10% discount.
LingArt Designs have a wide range of cards and gifts for Fathers’ Day, many of which can be personalised, to make a lovely thoughtful present. The Ide Hill Village Shop stocks their cards but you can also purchase gifts and Fathers’ Day cards through their online shop. Their “the day you became…” prints are best-sellers and make a gorgeous Fathers’ Day gift, and, whilst you are browsing, have a look at their very cute socially distanced hug badge gifts, which can also be personalised and are rather lovely! As Lingart Designs are a LoveLocal partner, card holders can receive a 10% discount on all purchases!
After much consideration during the lockdown period, LoveLocal partner Monks Clothing has sadly decided to close their store in West Malling permanently. However, they will still be open for business, transitioning to an online store. At present they can process sales through their website and their social media accounts, and they are listing new products daily. With a wide range of men’s (and women’s) clothing along with accessories including hats, bags and shoes it’s definitely worth keeping an eye on Monks Clothing. As a LoveLocal partner Monks Clothing are working on setting up an online discount code for our card holders to use. They hope to make this available in the next few weeks.
Have you taken some great photos during lockdown, purchased a stunning print, or perhaps had a chance to do some painting? Our LoveLocal Partners, Portico Art Gallery, will be opening for framing appointments from the 16th June. Please call 01732 456655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment to discuss your framing needs. Large plastic screens have been installed to protect customers and staff, and these are cleaned after every client visit. They can also arrange pick ups and drop offs with consultation via video link if that is preferable. Time to get that lovely family print framed ready for Fathers’ Day? Don’t forget to use your LoveLocal card for a 10% discount in store.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
- Brisket and Barrel on St John’s Hill isn’t able to re-open yet unfortunately, but they have set up a neat online shop with a selection of delicious rubs and condiments to perfectly compliment barbequed meat and steaks. There are also some stylish mugs which may appeal. It’s definitely worth having a peruse as there could well be something here that your Fathers’ Day gift recipient might enjoy – or alternatively you could get a voucher to treat them to a tasty meal when we are (finally) out of lockdown!
- The Hildenborough Brewery is a possibly the smallest registered craft brewery in the UK, with the whole process being carried out from start to finish by hand. They source the highest quality ingredients for their ales, and, along with a five star hygiene rating, this is craft brewing at its best. They have four beers and ales to choose from and for Fathers’ Day have a selection of gift packs listed on their online shop. They can also personalise the labels and will deliver locally.
- JJ Bakes, run by gourmet brownie baker Jen, has advertised a Fathers’ Day special box of eight tasty looking, oversized brownies with mixed toppings for £15. If eight is too many, they also have boxes of three brownies available for £7. Please order by this Thursday for delivery (to Sevenoaks and Orpington) on Saturday evening or Sunday morning and see their Facebook page to place your order – or just peruse the hunger inducing photographs!